Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rain, Rain

Rain, rain...I won't say go away, because the pond is finally up. Overall, the weather has been very mild. We are now in the 50s and 60s, with some cold nights. However, I do wish there was at least little sunshine. I have had to put the lights on in the greenhouse. And I only have two double - dug beds in the garden. I was hoping to be a lot further along than that by now.

The rosemary is blooming and we have had a few days that the honeybees have been out trying to find something. They really are not in a very good mood this time of year...they seem a bit urgent. I even saw daffodils along side the road blooming. My daffodils have leaves up, but no blooms yet, thank goodness. I prefer to see them in the spring, not winter.

Although the pond is muddy now because of all the rain, I have the pleasure of seeing ducks. There are up to six on there, and of course the Blue Heron visits often too. The beaver is back at it, cutting down more trees. There are even a few logs floating on the pond. If he were a good beaver, he would help us cut down those cedar trees that are in the "pasture-to-be."

I guess I better go turn the greenhouse lights off now and hope the sun comes out tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment