Saturday, September 26, 2015

Prep Day(s)

Saturday morning brings shopping.  Shopping brings groceries.  Groceries bring prepping.

(I have given over all finances to hubby, which he has ungraciously accepted.  Frankly, my dear, I don't give...well, let's just say that I am very happy to have a new budget (although I would have given myself a bigger one) to only worry about groceries and household things. I think this will be such a load off my shoulders. )

We hit BI-LO, Aldi and Sam's.  Oh yes, and of course the Dollar Tree for his Hawaiian Punch packets.  I now have a budget of $120 for 2 weeks.  Yes, approximately $60 a week.  This should be interesting; I like a good challenge, but will they like beans and rice three days a week ?  Just kidding...for now.  Because we have had much food saved up while on MY budget and our mothers (both his and mine) sent us home with a bag of Midwest meat, we should fare fine for a while.  I am hoping that anything left over from the budget will add up to some Zaycon purchases.  It might take a while.

I spent $12 at BI-LO.  I spent $40 at Aldi.  I spent  $44 at Sam's.  Yep, I have $23 for next week. One item that I was not happy with was buying $10 worth of pepperoni at Sam's.  We used all of our last bag but I have since stopped doing pizza day once a week.  Guess I will reinstate that one!  I did divvy it out into smaller bags, as I do all things, and got about 25 snack-sized bags for at least two uses each.  I will try to stop complaining about abundance.  I would have been happier buying a smaller package and using the remaining cash on something else. 

Hubby did stop at a local feed and seed and let me get these 6 clay pots and saucers so I can repot several of my plants.  They were 50% off.  I got everything for just over $10 bucks!!  So great!

After feeding the family lunch, I began prepping a bit.  The two bags of chips are bagged into snack-sized bags and in the pantry ready for lunches.  I finished all the peanuts, raisins and dried cranberries for the trail mix.  I bought a bag of chocolate chips at BI-LO for $1.50 today so that should last until I can get a huge bag at Sam's next month.  Hubby was down to two bags of work oats, so I whipped up a batch and got 20 more bags for him, but I did deplete most of my oats.  No-bake cookies may have to wait until next payday.  There is still plenty of beef jerky that I made left.  I divided my pork loan from Sam's into five meals: 3 roasts, 1 chops and 1 chunk for stir-fry eventually.


Hubby will be off hunting this evening so I may do some more prepping.  What do I have left to do?

Buttermilk biscuits (to freeze)
Sandwich bread to bake
Vanilla pudding
Granola bars
Mayonnaise
Rice cereal candy
PB&J sandwiches
Pimento cheese spread
Cheese snack crackers
Pizza dough (bulk)
Garlic bread and hamburger buns will be made on the day we eat it.
Pie filling done
Eggs washed and crated up, ready to boil, fry, scramble or bake. (Only 5 more dozen in the fridge-time to freeze too)




I will dehydrate some apples and make some PB&J sandwiches before Notre Dame plays and then prepping time is on hold.  Tomorrow is sounding like a bake day for sure! 

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment