Sunday, October 4, 2015

Menu Monday 10/5

Week 2 of Payday...budget left over $23 with $5 worth of rolled coins.  Don't you hate it when you are like two coins short of a roll.  I have 38 quarters and that's after scrounging couch cushions.  Oh well, they will wait!

Breakfasts
Eggs, sausage
Cream of Wheat, bacon
Fruit Smoothie
Eggs, sausage
Waffles, bacon
Sausage casserole
Biscuits and gravy, egg

Lunches
Supper leftovers
Bologna sandwiches, chips, pudding
PB&J, banana, trail mix
Pimento cheese, veggie sticks, cookies
Fried pork chops, mashed potatoes w/gravy, green beans, biscuits

Dinner/Supper
Beans and bacon (add leftover in freezer to pot), canned spinach, fried taters, cornbread
Spaghetti (homemade) w/marinara, salad, garlic breadsticks
Tuna casserole, peas
Pizza, salad
Meatloaf, breaded tomatoes, green beans, sweet potatoes
Black beans and rice
Taco salad with Salsa ranch dressing, Mexican rice and spicy refried pinto or black beans

Snacks
Popcorn
Chocolate chip cookies
Pumpkin bread

Grocery List    I might have to post a pic of this huge haul!
Celery  1.29
Potatoes (10#) 3.29
Sweet potatoes .99
Lettuce x 2    4.00
Frzn green beans 6.98 (Sam's)
Cheddar x2   3.78
Avocado .99
Bananas 1.98 (Sam's)
                                                    Total:  27.16
Whew.  That's cutting it close. 
I might get a 3 pack of green peppers at Aldi for $.99 to throw on the pizza, and in my marinara and meatloaf, even if overbudget.  I do have those quarters...The only other thing that I might have to still get is milk.  I have 2 quart jars of dry milk to make yet, but I like to mix it with a little whole milk.  I have less than half of my milk I bought last week.  Hubby can pick up the tab, right?  Boy, Mad Max better get it done soon.  I am ready to have my own milk this spring.  Of course after a couple of months of twice a day milking, I may have them for up for sale. Ha!  Just remind me this is what I wanted.


      


No comments:

Post a Comment