Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Lost Arrow Acres Oat Waffles

I felt a bit creative, and since I can't hold a crayon straight, or not get tangled up in yarn and thread, I have to be in the kitchen or near music.  This week I was in the kitchen and decided to experiment with my waffle maker.

They actually turned out really good.  Umm...I didn't get pictures this time and I am afraid they are all gone, but they were beautiful, really.

My recipe:

1/2 c. quick oats
1 1/2 c. unbleached flour (I used King Arthur)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/4 c. homemade goat milk yogurt (heaping)
1 1/2 c. raw goat milk
3 Tbs. raw sugar (turbinado)
1 Rita egg (duck)
1/3 c. coconut oil (almost melted in the warmth of the kitchen)

I put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and combined them.  I mixed the milk, yogurt, egg and oil in a separate bowl and then combined.  I used 1/2 c. measuring cup per waffle.  This made exactly 8 waffles.

The family enjoyed these waffles.  We ate them warm as breakfast with maple syrup and grass-fed butter.  We even had them as an afternoon pick-me-up, plain and it was tasty that way too!

I would like to tweak this a bit more to use our honey and maybe add some flax meal for extra nutrients, but then again, maybe not.   Let me know if you have a favorite waffle recipe!

I promise, pics next time.  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment