Sunday, July 23, 2017

Creating a Routine with Work

So I have had an outside-job for over a year.  As I mentioned, I was extremely blessed to have found this position-again. I am so thankful.  But I cannot lie, it is very hard to not do the things I used to have time for and that gave me pleasure (hand washing clothes in the heat of the summer morning, gardening large).  I do, however, have extra cash to do the things I couldn't afford before (fence paddocks, build building additions).  Time and money - that famous balancing game.

I have not done a good job at home.  There is SO MUCH that I need to do.  Honestly, I can do it if I change my routine up a bit.  I figured up in the past that I had 62 hours a week to mange.  I have wasted it away for quite some time.  It is time to get into a routine and stick to it!

I have ordered a planner-you know one of those fancy ones that you can use stickers and washi tape on.  NOT that popular expensive one.  I don't do popular.  I was able to customize it a bit too!

My first custom category is DAILY.  I know, this is the mundane that shouldn't have to be categorized.  I am hoping that by next year/new planner, this customization will be changed.  This is a new beginning and I am taking baby steps.  I want this to cross off things.  Bed, dishes, trash, vacuum, etc.  I want to put my daily laundry list on there.  This is more of a motivational category for right now-seeing those things crossed out will make me feel like I can do this.  A little psychological fame for my brain.  There will be certain things on certain days as well.  Friday, probably shopping day (I am still debating if I would rather figure out the "mark down" days for the stores I frequent), Saturday is project day, and Sunday is the Sabbath.  No work, only rest, leisure, planning in my planner and crockpot.

The next category is ROOM.  Every day I am going to focus on 1 or 2 different rooms.  For example, Monday is bedroom.  Tuesday is bathroom and yard.  Wednesday is living room and office.  You get the idea.  Everyday I take a little extra time to go a little deeper into cleaning these areas.  I will make a permanent assignment once I give it some trial and error.

The last customized area is ANIMAL.  Just like rooms, I have an animal of the day.  Right now it is fairly simple.  Monday is rabbit, Tuesday and Thursday is goat, Wednesday is chicken.  I am hoping to get turkeys, ducks, pigs, sheep and maybe someday a cow.  Every day I focus on the animals: check feet and nails, ears and eyes, clean out their homes and feeders.  Make sure they have all the extras like vinegar in the water, mineral salts, etc.

I also got some add on pages to help with meal planning, budgeting and making sure I am taking care of myself too.  I feel confident that this planner will help me to hammer out my chores efficiently and have a little fun to plan them.  Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment