Friday, April 6, 2018

THIS WEEKEND'S TO DO LIST 4.6.18

Happy Friday!  or to the younger generations, it's Friyay!  When you stay at home, have a husband who works four 10-hour shifts a week, a daughter who works a second-shift schedule that includes every other weekend, and a 7-day newspaper subscription, days of the week are almost irrelevant.  Nonetheless, the weekend is upon us at Lost Arrow Acres.  
Today is supposed to be sunny and in the low 70's while the rest of the weekend is rainy and cooler, even down into the 30's at night.  
Knowing this, I have created our weekend to do list-can't wait to show hubby.  I am sure he will be super excited.  

Today's list:
1.  Cull a rooster that we don't like or need.  I don't like him because to me he is not a good provider for the girls.  Rusty (our 5-year old Rhode Island Red that is a flogger) will call his hens to the food and we have even seen him take food to his girls. He always comes out first and watches the hens and does his little one-wing circle to let them know he is there for them.  Our other rooster does the same thing for his three girls.  Granger won't eat until he has called his hens with his dinner clucking.  And if one of the hens are stuck in a fenced area, he won't even eat until they are with him.  The one who is going to heaven's coop...he is a selfish teenager, only one thing on his mind.  Make that two, he loves to fight as well. 
2. We have to cull a rabbit with a cancerous growth on it.  My mom was a bit taken by a "preacher man" selling off his rabbits.  She has brought 90% of them back to good health with a lot of care and attention.  There have been two that have not improved and declined and have had to be destroyed. 
3.  Barnyard chores.  We must clean the chicken coop, the hanging rabbit shelter (which is going to be the new goat shelter) and the goat barn.  Unfortunately, there is no straw other than what is triple priced and bagged in the chain feed stores.  I will be using pine flakes in the chicken coop.  We are moving the baby chicks and ducks to a brooder and a coop outside.  No more puppy pads to change! Yes! 

Tomorrow: 
1. I will be canning chicken broth made from a certain young selfish rooster in my new American canner that I haven't used yet.  I will probably add a can of black beans or two in there as well. 
2. Okay, caulk the bathroom...this has been on my list for at least a month.  It shall be done!! This weekend!! 
3. Cleaning out the pantry, fridge and restocking them with items for a special elimination diet that I want to try.  If there are any "illegal" items available I will eat them.  

Sunday:  
1.  Church, or course.
2.  I will be catching up my Rewind Planner, planning a bit for next week, going over the bills and budget.  Boring paperwork stuff that will be perfect on a lazy, rainy Sunday.  

What do you have in store for the upcoming weekend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment