Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tuesday To Do


It has been raining and cloudy for the past two days which has seemed to put me in slow motion.  Luckily, it is still early in the week and I can catch up.  

As you can tell by my half-finished planner, this week's chores so far are: 
The daily chores:  milk, feed, laundry, clean house, cook.  All that normal housewife stuff. 
Since I have put a halt on my personal training sessions due to spring time on the farm, I do need to workout every day.  I have options for that, DVD's, internet videos, routines the trainer made for me.  I would like to make sure that I do my daily walk to the mailbox, which is 1.2 miles. I need to prep some of the hamburger meat that I got from Zaycon last Saturday.  Cooking and freezing it a couple of different ways, as well as can at least 12 pints canned.  I am going to put the young bred Nubian, Mocha on Craigslist.  I am still trying to get used to the large goats and with so many (4) baby Nigerians running around, I am constantly worried there will be an issue.  I am still trying to find the best way to keep the peace among them; who goes in the main yard, who goes in the new yard, etc. 
Ginger, Mocha and baby Cinnamon
In town I have to go to the library for a book that I have on hold, pick up packages at the post office since UPS sucks and will not deliver down here.  Sorry, it is a sore subject and has been for YEARS! I have a raised bed to put soil in and plant.  Once the rain stops I have to get our goat feed barrel from a semi-local mill, about an hour drive one-way.   This week I am also separating babies from their mamas so I will be bottle feeding five baby goats of different ages and milking four goats.  My morning routine will triple in time.  We have an appointment at the local vet on Wednesday...just a get to know you visit to see what they do there-cats and dogs only or rabbits, goats, ducks and chickens too.  Saturday we have to make a trip about an hour away to get mom's two packages of bees.  Demi, one of our rabbits is also due to have her babies on Sunday.  If weather holds out, this weekend I really want to get the house pressure washed and wash and wax the car and hubby's bass boat.  Really I have left a lot of open times for things that come up, as they always do.  I am sure there is much more that I cannot think of.  That is why I HAVE to have my planner.  Stickers just make it fun :)
What's on your to-do list this week?  

No comments:

Post a Comment