Monday, July 2, 2018

7.2.18 To Do and Ramblings

Already July!  Crazy!  I can tell because Back to School items are going up in stores, which is even crazier.  How come we can't just be present in the moment?  Enjoy this day without worrying about 7 weeks away?  No wonder most of us are stressed out and feel like we are losing our minds...or is that just me. 

On that note, I do need to worry about the 7 days ahead.  Is that hypocritical?  Still, it's better than 7 weeks. 

 Hubby is on staycation this week.  We have been back and forth with plans, but there is always so much to do here on the homestead that guilt overwhelms when we are away, let alone the fact that one night at a decent hotel covers two barrels of goat feed, the new floor in the closet that needs to be completed or a couple of weeks of really good groceries!.  So, I think we have decided to do some of these chores and enjoy our days, yes, be present in the moment.  Friday is our 25th anniversary so we will go out that night.  Definitely a steak and maybe even a movie or game of putt-putt.  

Today, however, mom and I are going to town to pick up her kayak, stop at CVS and Sam's. I also need to pick up my milk filters at the post office.  I haven't been very good at milking consistently because of our goat layout.  The kids can't be separated because there is no shelter in the fenced off area.  I used to be able to put them in the chicken coop, but right now we have 49 (a hawk killed one) Cornish cross we are growing out for the freezer in there, along with the other 10 more permanent chickens.  So there is no milk when we put them on the stanchion, at least not enough to strain and goes to Oreo the cat or Hannah the dog. 

I need to call the local orchard to see if peaches are ready.  Last week they were gone.  If the weather holds, I need to mow the garden and rake the goat yard.  It did rain quite a bit last night and things are still very wet, so this may have to wait.  Time will tell.  

I do want Hubby to help me set up my outdoor laundry station.  We need to move the cement blocks to put some plywood on.  This year I do want to raise it a few inches for easier plunging and scrubbing.  I also want an extra rinse bucket.  Needy, aren't I?  

Otherwise, I plan on just doing some general cleaning, including working on the craft room.  
Mostly because I have to get my stickers and planners and memory books out of the living room.  Hubby even got me a storage cart for our early anniversary present.  Uh-oh. 

Speaking of which, I love my Happy Planner Memory Keeping book!   I am only a year or two behind on finding it.  But am so loving it!!  If you haven't seen them, it is a large Happy Planner that is set up to be a weekly scrapbook.  I had been using my rewind planner to do the same thing but sometimes it was empty or sometimes there was too much for the horizontal lines.  I still use it to remind myself of what to put in the HP Memory Keeping book.  Maybe overkill, but so is my sticker inventory, sooo…Anyway, I have had it for a month, so our beach trip was in there, our gardening and preserving, Sarah's birthday, Father's Day, Sarah's party.  I bought a Cannon Ivy, which is like a HP Sproket or Polaroid Zip-mobile printers that use 2x3 Zink paper.  Because the zink paper is very pricey, I use a photo editing app on my phone and then connect to Kiosk and just pick up my prints at Wal-mart.  It is so fun.  I hope to improve on my layouts as I learn the ropes, but I still can flip through and enjoy those memories. As of late, I am wanting to preserve my memories as well as enjoy the past in photos and even local history.  Is it an age thing?  

I am not doing too well on menu-planning, however, even with my new planner layout of a box specifically for meals. Again, my freezer and pantry are still well-stocked and am not worrying about starving, but do want to try and do better with well-rounded meals.  I just spent $64 at Aldi yesterday and really don't have anything solid to work with.  WHY does that happen??  Because I didn't eat breakfast and just started grabbing things-probably.  I have resolved to do better with the budget, including taking advantage of deals and coupons, within reason, of course.  I can go up to 6 bottles of shampoo, especially with our plans for a pantry room!  

I will be posting my meals and grocery hauls in July for my own accountability to see how well I am doing, and maybe someone can glean a thing or two from it-either good or bad.  

Hope you have a blessed and productive day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment