Friday, December 28, 2012

I Have a Dream

As the New Year and my 40th birthday approaches, I realize that I am on the back side of life, and I am okay with that.  But one thing that struck a chord, a very loud, off-key chord, with me was a letter in one of my magazines from a lady in her 60s who talked about still holding on to her homesteading dream. 

Admittedly, this scared the bejesus out of me (forgive the Irish).  Oh, no, there is no way I am going to be like this lady who has a 30-year dream unfulfilled, a dream that has the potential to be a reality, yet never has come to fruition.  No, my dream is not a dream, it is a goal, it is an ultimate goal with subgoals already planned in my head and even written out, somewhere, probably on scrap paper stuffed in the secretary desk.  Nope, not me.  Sinking in my chair, I thought, that could SO be me.  My flippant attitude about certain responsiblities and procrastination, (mine and my family's), my impatience, my fickleness, you know, all those good qualities one wants to exhibit in onself, very Jekyl and Hyde qualities that most of the fairer sex possess anyway. 

How am I am going to assure that I do not fall prey to this horror?
Sorry, Asics, but Nike has the answer this time-Just Do It...

I feel assuredly that this letter was printed to inspire and uplift an older generation to carry on, not give up.  But in me it has welled up an urgency to not take life so lightly and get my butt in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment