Thursday, February 4, 2016

Homemade Mayo

Stop me if we have done this before...

Please note that I am using olive oil, but if you don't
want a strong olive flavor, which sometimes I don't, you can
use a good vegetable oil.  I actually use the
vegetable oil more often.

I chipped my food processor bowl, which holds a Dixie cup
perfectly for slow oil pour.  I had to use my blender and do a
little rigging for the cup to fit.

I put one egg  in.

I mix dry mustard, vinegar, salt and a bit of sugar. 
A bit of lemon juice also brightens the flavor.

I dump in the vinegar mix, put my Dixie cup
in the blender hole and pour in my oil.
Begin!

Keep pouring.  A toothpick hole at the bottom
of the cup is the perfect continuous drizzle.

It takes a few minutes.  My blender bogs down
a bit.  This doesn't happen in a food processor.
Gotta get a new bowl for mine!

It gets thick and creamy.

I use it for whatever recipe I am doing (coleslaw today)
and the rest remains in the fridge for a few days.
I try to use it up fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment