Tuesday, April 25, 2017

To-Do Tuesday 4.25.17

This week's inside chores:  It's getting warmer and I have to sleep cool, so our room has a window unit, probably a bit overkill since we just had a new central air unit installed this fall.  Nonetheless, the window unit stays and I need to make sure the filter is clean and ready for night use.  This week I really want to get the sunroom area cleaned up so that we can continue to work in there: clean off scaffolding, move portable AC to kitchen, sweep and make sure hubby has everything he needs to mud and tape and prep for primer.  If it gets done I will prime the drywall this week.  I also need to clean up around the other side of the new wall to prep for insulation installation and hanging of the drywall-sounds like an Olympic event!  
I need to clean off my canned goods rack. We are down to a couple of tomatoes, a couple of sloppy joes, several canned chicken breasts and maybe even a taco sauce.  I think I have a strawberry jam left too.  I should probably consider making more since now is the season.  I need to declutter the empty jars that we have been using for milk storage.  I would like to make some goat milk yogurt this week as well, maybe add a little freshly picked strawberry to it.  Mmmm!  As mentioned Friday, I need to get some baked goods in the freezer.  My goal is a couple of extra batches of pancakes, 1 batch of buttermilk biscuits (which is about 20-22 biscuits), a couple of extra pizza doughs.  I also want to make sure hubby has his oats and everyone has trail mix for lunch boxes/bags. 

This week's outside chores:   It's that time of year where we need to be outside the most, so this list usually stays the longest.  Continue to work in the garden area: clean a section at a time, till as we go, lay black plastic in another area.  Sow a few more tomatoes and peppers for our extremely late garden.  Make sure the soaker hose is in good shape.  Repair the garden hose.  I will need to buy a repair kit at Home Depot (use my Christmas gift cards). We are going to start fencing an area that I originally planned to free range our chickens, but first we are going to let Mad Max clean it up a bit for us.  There is a lot of briers and honeysuckle vines and low hanging oak and cedar scrub that he will adore!  We have our corner posts in and need to purchase some T-posts and the 4x4 goat fence, 220 feet will work just fine, and we also need to install a gate.  How much of this can we accomplish this week in reality.  I am hoping that we can get the T-posts in and the gate purchased.  The bees need honey supers added NOW! As you know, the one chemical that I use on the place is fireant killer. We didn't get to this early and now we are paying the price, but it's time to get out the sprayer and poison and kill the little...Lord, forgive me my curse-word thoughts...

Now I just need to figure where we are going to get the time and money for all of these things-no problem, right? 
FINDING TIME:  First, everyone needs to walk away from the Netflix.  Put the remote down and back up slowly, hands up while I shut the TV cabinet (yes, I have one of those old-fashioned TV cabinets, okay!-you know I like to live in the past 100 years to about 1990 anyway).  TV is only for the winter!  Back, I say! Wait, not that far!  Put down that fishing pole!!  *sigh* 

No comments:

Post a Comment