Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Dish Soap Update

I made a quadruple batch of my beloved dish soap.  I scented it with lemon and orange essential oils, heavier on the lemon, of course.  And I added one softgel of vitamin E for winter dish hands. 

I am not as happy.  The vitamin E makes it a bit more greasy that I like.  My glasses are a bit smeary.  Ewww! 

I added about a cup and a half more water to the entire batch and made sure the water is super hot, using gloves to wash the dishes and this has helped. 

Sooo,  no more vitamin E oil in the soap.  I will save it for the lotion bars that I can use after getting the dishes done.  Lesson learned. 

I still will only use this dish soap.  Making the large batch was just as easy to make and is being stored in a 1/2 gallon mason jar.  I won't have to make a new bottle every week now.  I can make it stretch 3-4 weeks!  Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment