Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Brie

Well, much to my family's chagrin and maybe even a little trepidation on my part, we have a new addition to the farm family. Meet Brie (yes, as the in the cheese).

She lived only a few minutes from us and when I saw her picture on craigslist, I had to get her.  I would love to have her sister too, but anyone who knows anything about goats knows that prices can be up there, and it will take a while to get a herd together.  I do want at least two fairly soon though to keep them happy and healthy.

She is very young, 6-weeks old and we are bottle feeding her twice a day...well, Sarah is, since I am at work in the day.  Right now, she lives in the empty coop across from the chickens.  It will keep her safe at night and when we are not at home. 

We let her in the fenced area to get some fresh air, even though there is no grass yet.  We have the goat fence laid out and will be finishing it sooner than expected.  Yay!  We do have the dog kennel did not contain the dog, but is perfect for Brie to get out in some grass.  The beginning of our goat herd has begun!
She is to quick for me to get a good picture, err!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally down with goats having cheese names. I hope to see an entire pack led by the fierce but loving patriarch Camembert!

    ReplyDelete