Saturday, August 3, 2013

Chick Cliques

Pecking order.  A curious thing.  Chickens, horses, and of course, humans. 
 
We have watched the speckled chicken fall from the top of the order and she now stays outside the coop under the steps.  I even clipped her wings but she still escaped (of course when you free range throughout the day that will happen). 
 
 
 
According to the squatting, we have a new ruler, the floppy comb.  Of course, I am the one with the food bucket and thus will always be alpha.  I hope to be a kind and fair queen...sorry, I digress. 
 

One of the chickens on the low end of the pecking order has decided it is much more fun hanging around with the goats, even to eat with. 
Wait for me!


 
I am sure this is just a phase and she will get tired of their frolicking and food and return to her kind soon enough.  After all, we are all intrigued by the new and different in the beginning. 
Is she riding Brie??



The End(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment