Thursday, May 10, 2018

Thursday 5.10.18

Yesterday I spent most of the day hitting some important neglected areas in my home.  The refrigerator and the pantry.  They were both in a bad way, four trash bags full bad way.  I got rid of anything that I hadn't used in the past couple of months, of course any science experiments and anything that screamed "REALLY??"  All of those special spices and sauces that we buy for that one recipe that never came to fruition-finally gone. Am I going to use hoisin sauce on my biscuits and gravy?  No, not really.  Any stir-fry or oriental type food that I make is pretty basic so...

I had hoped to bake some bread yesterday but my mission took more time than I thought-not that I am complaining, I brought it upon myself by not taking the time to do things right.  

I got an e-mail that my chickens were shipped yesterday.  So I expect them either today or tomorrow at the latest.  Their new home is all ready with straw and pine shreds and lights and clean feeders and waterers.  I have the left over Gro-gel packet for them and the electrolytes for their first couple of days water.  BUT...one of the reasons that I dislike new chicks in the spring, particularly late, warm-day spring is snakes.  I always lose a baby chick or more to snakes in the spring.  And of course, yesterday, I found the first snake in the chicken coop, right next door to the new baby coop. 
Finished off at least two eggs! 

Had to decapitate the little fella since he knew where the eggs were and 
would hear the baby chicks that arrive soon



What is on the agenda today?  Hopefully a more balanced indoor/outdoor schedule.  Most important is hauling off yesterday's trash before critters come and decide to rearrange the bags. 

What are your plans for the day?  Or do you have any? 
Hope your day is productive and blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment