Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tuesday 5.15.18

Yesterday was such a hot and humid day! I sweat planting the front flower bed, I sweat milking Ginger, I sweat taking the clothes off the line.  I am not one who sweats easily.  When it is that hot and humid, what should one fix for mealtime?  
What else but a nice warm pot roast and fresh warm bread, right? Nonetheless we were well-nourished and able to continue the day's work until nightfall.  

I did have a bit of a scare worming the goats.  I only got two of them wormed.  Maggie and Tulip.  I was using Ivermectin horse wormer paste and set the poundage at 50.  It was about 8 am, and apparently it was early morning nap time.  Everyone was dozing or at least in a relaxed state, making it very easy to worm them.  I got Maggie done; she needed it the worst as her hair is getting a frizzy curl to it.  Moved on to Tulip and set the poundage to 50 and locked the little ring and plunged the paste into her mouth.  But it didn't stop at 50...it finished the whole tube, which was about 500 pounds worth.  I may have said an ugly word in panic and ran to get my phone.  I called mom as I frantically searched the Internet for any information.  By the time mom called me back I had read at least three different sites telling me it should be fine.  Just to watch her over 24 hours but it should be fine.  I did check on her every few hours and each time I checked she was eating.  Side effect??  We shall see.

Daughter and I headed to town by 9 am.  Dropped of a library book, bought my herbs and pretties at Lowe's, headed to Wally-World for a furnace filter and some sheer curtains so mom could cover the rabbits with some shade but still have airflow in this horrid heat and humidity.  We also got our grocery list at Aldi for under $70.  This was really good because I doubled up on a few items just to have on hand.  They did not have any cornmeal though, just cornmeal mix.  No thank you, I can add flour and baking powder myself!  I called the local awning provider and set up an appointment for a free estimate next Monday at 4 pm.  I am hoping to get our address plaques and plates up by then as it is apparently a huge undertaking to find our house.  I finally got the bread baked that I was supposed to do last week.  I got to bake them in the new pans that mom ordered for me.  LOVE THEM!  Obviously, she got a loaf to see how well they worked :)

I did not get to canning.  I will make that my main focus today, especially if it does rain like they said it might.  Of course the chances have dropped from 50% to 25% overnight, sooo...yeah...I made my to-do list based on the prediction of rain over the next several days.  It is subject to change...

As is my menu.  Yesterday we had a surprise lunch with mom and Pete, so I didn't make pimento cheese as I thought I would. Because we still have leftover pasta from Friday in the fridge, that will be today's lunch so as not to waste anything (sorry, chickies!), and I also have so much pot roast and green beans left from last night that I will be making vegetable soup by adding cabbage, canned tomatoes, and any frozen vegetables that are needing used up along with a grilled cheese sandwich for supper tonight.  Admittedly, this will throw off a couple of things: 1) I will need more cabbage to make coleslaw for Wednesday's supper, 2) I will probably pass on the beans and ham dinner that was scheduled for tonight-even though the temperatures are going to be about 15 degrees cooler starting today, and 3) that means I don't have to run to find cornmeal until tomorrow-wootwoot! I will probably look for it since I am out in the small town to take trash off anyway, but I don't HAVE to.

What is on my agenda today? 


What are your plans for the day? 
Hope you have a blessed and productive day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment