Friday, August 14, 2015

Food Friday 8/14/15

We have had some unexpected expenses in our budget and so the food budget is a bit less than normal for this payday.  Hopefully, I have done enough preparation and bulk shopping in the past few weeks to sustain us, although more preparation is to be done. 

This past week I have:

Made trail mix using a variety of ingredients.

Daughter and I made more PB&J sandwiches for the freezer.

I cooked up some extra chicken and made chicken salad.




I put said chicken salad in jars for grab and go lunches for the guys (and girl).










And I made strawberry flavored vinegar with leftover strawberry stems to make fruity salad dressing with.
It is time to inventory and get a new menu and list together for the next month, but with a very limited budget this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment