Saturday, August 1, 2015

Food Friday 7/31/15


I know, I know.  I still have not done my menu for the next month.  There is just still so much in my freezers.  And I have tried very hard over the past few weeks to change my mindset regarding the NEED to go grocery shop every week.  And it has pretty much worked.  I still see so much food to be used that I can't imagine without writing it down what I actually NEED.  I did do an inventory of freezer and pantry and it filled a sheet of paper. 

We are going to the Big Town today for Daughter's Orientation and other college to-do's.  So we are heading to the bee supply shop for a smoker and Sam's for strawberries, so I am going to try and get a decent list together for efficiency. 

I will let you know...

No strawberries.  I picked up some produce, including fresh greens and spinach, cherry tomatoes (as mine are completely gone now), green peppers, apples, cantaloupe, organic green grapes, frozen banana berry and frozen blueberries, as, again, mine have been used up in muffins, parfaits and just eating, and some pinto beans, cottage cheese, and canned peaches. 

I have jarred up some salad (greek, house and chef); I have peaches and cottage cheese to jar up as well as parfaits (greek yogurt, oats, blueberries, honey, and either apples, melon or other fruit as a top layer) for breakfast or lunch or even dessert.  I also made some spaghetti sauce in the crock pot for a couple of uses.
Frozen marinara, ground beef and canned mushrooms in the crockpot

Blueberry oat apple parfait

Salad in a jar for a quick lunch or supper;
I add flax oil and red wine vinegar, apple
cider vinegar or good old lemon juice

I didn't purchase any meat yet.  I still have quite a bit of everything: pork loin and bacon for the family ( I am going to avoid this myself), chicken, both ours and some breasts I bought, hamburger still divided for meatloaf, meatballs and whatever else we need it for, I still have the turkey that I need to cook (Thanksgiving dinner does not appeal to me in 115 degree heat index-call me crazy!), still have some deer burger and some beef chuck for a roast and strips for a salad or whatever.  So we are set for at least a week or more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment