Tuesday, August 25, 2015

To Do 8/25/15

Last week: Finally got the wood stacked.  It looks so nice.  The drywall is up and no more insulation is exposed.  Daughter is ready for college! Burned a small wood pile behind the chicken coop.  Nothing worth mentioning in the kitchen :(  I ordered border samples for the dining/sunroom.

This week: Hubby is to start mudding/taping or whatever the drywall.  I think I will do the sanding and painting while he works on putting up a wall between the kitchen and the office. I have GOT to mow...the entire the yard.  The goats have been so badly behaved that their grazing time has been cut down.  They would rather destroy birdfeeders and eat duck food and sneak in the chicken coop.  So I will have to mow.  I would like to start cleaning up the deck where hubby cut all the drywall and there are bits and pieces of it and wood out there.  I also need to consider bringing in some houseplants, possibly repotted ones and where they need to be until the dining/sun room is ready for them.  I would like to get some paint on the deck, but some lantana, Leyland cypress and holly bushes will have to be trimmed way back before that can be done comfortably. 

We will be going on a short vacation to "back home" in the Midwest, so I don't want to get too involved with anything.  Once we return, hubby has another week of vacay that we can really focus on some pre-fall cleanup and projects, such has painting the deck, washing the siding, building cold frames, creating a fence for Max and finishing putting the black plastic on the garden to kill off some of the centipede grass that has gone wild. 

I am so ready for September and less heat and humidity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment