Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tuesday To-Do 12-15

It is that time where I need to evaluate priorities for the week.  At least for this minute; it can change in a blink of the eye.  As usual, I have been slacking in my lists, and just trying to do what I felt needed to be done.  But then things sneak up on you, things that should have been taken care of earlier.

Last week's inside chores: Not listed-did what I had to do.
Last week's outside chores: Not listed-did what I had to do.

This week's inside chores:
Christmas tree up.  I have some decorations here and there, but no tree.  Daughter has her shopping almost done and I am so jealous.  I have a few more things to get done. I would like to have all gifts done and under the tree by next Tuesday.

Mail cards.  I have birthday and Christmas cards to get in the mail.  This means a trip to the post office for stamps.  Just used my last one on the roll.  I hope they get their on time! Eek!
 
Sweep up the drywalling dust in the dining room.  Put the plastic back up to prevent it from going throughout the house.  And, maybe encourage hubby to finish up so that I can start to Kilz2.

Start back up with zone cleaning-find the right notebook or reprint daily schedule.  Why, oh why do I veer? Basically, I just need to catch up. 

Go through seeds and see what to replace, reorder and peruse seed catalogs.  

I need to reorganize the closet a bit.  I opened up the space bags of sweaters and sweatshirts and I need to clear out summery items and get them stored away.

Time to restock the kitchen.  You know how my life seems to revolve around food.  Right now there are many baking ingredients for sale at the grocery stores.  Sugars, flour, spices, and that sort of thing.  I need to make taco seasoning, taco sauce, trail mix, pimento cheese, PB&J to freeze.  Luckily, hubby has had several work parties to help supplement his lunch since I have not kept up very well.

This week's outside chores:  Here we go...
Work on Max's shelter.  Bend some PVC pipe in the old dog kennel and put plastic, tarp, whatever we have to provide wind and rain protection.

I need to burn tree limbs that fell, and throw on some decaying lumber that won't be useful.

Coldframe lettuce

I need to get some soil mix to fill about 8 trays in the greenhouse with some cold crops.  My lettuce is germinating and I need to sow a few more seeds in the coldframe.

We need to continue to bring up some split wood from the holler and finish getting that stacked. 

We need to continue to clean out the barn yard for construction for the goats.  I think that Brie is even further along than Mollie (who I am guestimating to be due at the end of March), so we need to get that going-QUICKLY!

And we need to change the oil in the truck-hubby's job, or son...

That should keep us busy for a while, especially when there always be something to throw a kink in our schedule. 





No comments:

Post a Comment