Wednesday, August 1, 2018

CVS Haul 8.1.18

My daughter and I went to CVS to get some of the deals I had been hearing about this week. 

Keep in mind that I get a single Sunday paper in my mailbox every week.  I do not feel the need at this point in time to purchase any extra inserts or papers.  I do know that two is often a better deal, especially on BOGO deals.  As I continue to stock up and learn the ropes, this could be something I will consider later.  

This is what I got: 

Irish spring 6-bar pack and body wash.  2/$8.  I had a $1.00 coupon for the body wash and a $.50 coupon for the bars that was in last Sunday's paper.  I also had a CRT for $2 off any $8 purchase of body wash or bars that I think I got last week...maybe this week.  And of course, $3 ECBs back with the purchase of 2 Irish Spring soaps.  That means I got all my soap for $1.50, or $.75 for the body wash and each bar of soap just under $.13 each.  

The 2-pack of Oral-B toothbrushes were $5.29 each.  There were coupons in the Sunday paper for $1.00 off any Oral-B toothbrush.  When you purchased the toothbrushes you received $4 ECBs.  This deal could be doubled.  AND it just so happens that I received 2 P&G inserts in my Sunday paper that delivers to my mailbox. The Lord blessed me and my teeth this week.  So I did double this deal.  Thus bringing my total for each toothbrush to about $.15. 

The next deal was a money maker for me.  Crest mouthwash, 1 liter size, was on sale for $4.79.  There was a coupon for $1.00 in the P&G insert and when you purchase one you receive $3 ECBs.  I also had a CRT (cash register receipt) from the coupon machine for $1 off any mouthwash.  That means I actually made $.21!  

Now, lets discuss my mistake.  Ugh!!  The deal is purchase NYX lipsticks 2/$11.98 and receive 10 ECBs.  WELL...apparently the NYX butter gloss is not part of that deal.  It was priced at $4.99 and the other matte lipstick rung up at 6.29...so...yeah.  I didn't get my ECBs...yet.  Never fear, I will rectify the matter by purchasing another beautiful fall colored lipstick to get my ECBs.  

All in all my out of pocket for this haul was $14.37 and I received $14 ECBs.  Not bad for $.37 and clean mouth.  

Have you done your CVS shopping?  What deals did you get this week?  

Have a blessed and productive day!  xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment