Tuesday, August 7, 2018

CVS Haul 8.6.18

According to everything that I have seen on YouTube regarding couponing at CVS, this week was the "jump back on the bandwagon" week.  I have been on the train for a few weeks now, and I do have to admit this was the most exciting haul for me for sure! 

I have dabbled in couponing for years really, and even had an organized binder years ago.  When my linen closet gets full of soaps and toothpaste, I usually take a break to use everything up.  This can take weeks to months.  I don't know if I can stop now.  I may have to donate some of my haul items, but I am not sure that I can just stop.  Sounds like I need a 12-step program, doesn't it?!  

As I was decluttering the living room bookshelves thoroughly (thank you FLYLADY) I found that old binder, and inside was a CVS raincheck from September 25, 2014. This was a raincheck for buy one Arm&Hammer laundry detergent and get two free.  Ah, yes, I remember going to three different stores close to me to find that deal.  There was a store that had two on the shelf, but why would I do a normal BOGO when I could have a whole other bottle for free? PLEASE!  Raincheck!  

I honestly feel that the Lord blessed me because of my tithe offering this week.  You know those weeks when you don't do the full 10% because of something that came up, so you just whittle it down a bit.  God will understand...we rationalize. Why do I forget how faithful he is from week to week??

Okay, so here is the haul: 
I bought three Arm&Hammer laundry detergents, a refill of wetjet solution for my Swiffer, Crest Pro-Health toothpaste, mascara and eyeliner and Almay mineral face powder.  I also bought Sarah a root beer and Bruce a Pepsi...for hanging with me during this process.  

My Price= $0.00

Yep, not only did I not have to exchange any money but I got ECBs back...$11.00 worth.  So CVS paid me $11.00 to take these items home.  Okay, okay, I know you get it.  Bruce asked if I was upset, he said I looked upset...I think I was just flabbergasted, truly-ha! 

So how did I do this.  
Honestly, I am not sure.  Does that help?  I can tell you what I handed them at checkout. 
I had my almost four-year old raincheck and three $1 coupons for the Arm&Hammer detergent.  I had a $2 coupon for the Swiffer solution.  I had a $2 coupon for the toothpaste.  There were two printable Covergirl coupons for $3 off of eye products.  (The mascara was on clearance too!) I had a $3 coupon from the paper for the Almay face powder as well as a $4 CRT that I received last week at the CVS coupon printer. The drinks were full price-ugh! 
I had my $8 off of a $40 purchase and the rest were ECBs.  I actually did lose $.64 because I miscalculated a "pending" coupon.  But you know what?  I am okay with that at this point. 

As I said before I do only get one newspaper with inserts, but I have crossed over to printables...I may need an intervention before I order shop for whole inserts!!  And let's not forget the fact that I may have watched Southern Savers LIVE last night to see if there are any grocery store coupons and sales that I need to check out.  The only thing with the grocery coupons is that most of the items are really unhealthy snacky foods.  I admit I am regressing a bit on the making of my own laundry detergent and toothpaste right now.  I still make and use mine, but I do like to change it up once in a while.   I do the same with shampoo and soap, even bath tissue.  I will never be a brand-specific person-which is handy if you coupon. That being said, I do think I have to draw the line at some of the "food" items that go on sale with coupons.  I guess I could give those away too, but could I do that with a good conscience? I doubt it.  Knowing me, I will probably test that theory just for the thrill of saving a dime.  

My CVS shopping is not done this week.  There is also a good deal on Tide pods but they were out.  Teenagers must of beaten me there this week.  (Oh no I didn't.) They are $4.94 a bag.  Buy three and get $3 ECBs plus I have $3 coupons (two from the newspaper and one from the CVS app) for all three.  I am estimating to get the three packages of pods for just over $3 after tax.  Does that sound right?  I will let you know, of course, when the purchase comes to fruition. 

Anyone else have any great CVS deals, or deals anywhere?  Let me know! 

Have a blessed and productive day! 













  

No comments:

Post a Comment