Monday, June 15, 2015

Frugal Finds

Our family has been a one-vehicle family for several months now.  There was a span of a few days where we had the farm truck fixed and the car going until the car was wrecked.  Oh, the freedom I had. 


During that short time, I got to shop at Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity.  I went to see if I could find $1 tee shirts for both hubby and son, whose jobs keep their shirts in horrible shape-holes, stains, burns, permanent smells-ugh!   Alas, there were no $1 tee shirts that I could find this time, but I did come home with glass jars for storage.  Daughter came home with old clothes patterns for $.25 each and a minion pillow.  My jar from Goodwill was $.84.

Set of 3 with a sheep/farm scene
from 1982 and
porcelain lids made in Japan - $8

I didn't do as well at Habitat but it was still great for the pantry.
Oats, quinoa (regular and tricolor) and black-eyed peas filled my set of three jars.


Once the car gets repaired, I think I will make an occasional trip to Goodwill.  One never knows what they might need until they find it cheap.  No, just kidding, but it would be nice to check out the $1 sales and look for storage solutions.

I also will begin to figure out what goes on sale/clearance as far as meat, dairy and produce at what stores and use those hauls to can, freeze or just eat to save grocery money.  I will post pics of my hauls for suggestions too!

No comments:

Post a Comment