Friday, June 12, 2015

Food Friday 6/12/15

I have been absent from the blog, as well as the kitchen because of a temporary lapse of judgment.  That seems to happen to me a lot.  But now that this bleb in my past is over, I am back. 

Although there are no pictures of past meals, which is a good thing because I have been terribly remiss in my kitchen duties,  and no menu for the next week as of yet, I do have one thing to share.  And, I am afraid, is nothing impressive.  I did attempt hamburger buns.


Prebaked, over-risen/rose (?)
 They were a bit flat and that is probably for two reasons: 1) I am still using that horrible flour that I got from Sam's Club.  I think I am down to about 7-8 pounds (lots of pancakes in the future) and 2) I had lots of errands to run and the rising of the dough was longer than needed to be, way longer.  But I will try them again. 

They were, however, eaten without complaints from anyone else.  I unfortunately did not get the finished product picture either.  Yay for the camera women.  I will try again with better ingredients and more time and if they are up to snuff I will let you know the recipe I try. 

It is time to make a menu so expect a late post for that!  Have a blessed Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment