Monday, June 15, 2015

Tuesday To Do 6/16/15

This is week is EXTREMELY hot, nearing triple digits. 

That means that most of my to do list will be trumped with checking and changing animal water every 2 hours or so, especially the ducks and rabbits.  I will be putting frozen water bottles in with the rabbits.  That means we need to buy more plasticated (yes, that is my own word) beverages in order to maintain enough ice for the rabbits.  Hubby is happy that Pepsi is on sale so he can drink those for the sake of the rabbits.

We also need to worm the cat, dog and goats.  I am hoping to get some diatomaceous earth after payday this week and start using that routinely. 

I need to start thinking about the fall garden (?).  It seems crazy with our just getting our first tomato and the cucumbers coming on, but broccoli and cabbage need to be sown soon. 

This week I would also like to make some cookie dough, some to cook and lots to freeze so someone else can cook them if they want them.  I may go ahead and "ball" them out and flash freeze so if they want two they can put them in the countertop oven for 10 minutes and voila!  Personally, with these upper 90 degree + temperatures, nothing sounds better than ice water, well maybe lemonade, oh and ice cream!  Sorry, I digress. 

I will be jarring up the honey that we extracted and get that prettied up for selling.  I don't think we will have very much for ourselves this year, but we need the cash to buy other things for the farm.

The rest of the week will be just the basics: cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.  Trying to catch up from almost three weeks of misguidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment