Monday, June 29, 2015

Tuesday To Do

Besides the new zone cleaning schedule, this week there are a few extra things to get done. 

Hubby is going to weed eat the top of the driveway, so nobody sprays weed killer on our land. Yes, it has happened and it has caused our bees distress.  

I need to set up the shade cloth that my mother sent to me to provide extra shade during this killer heat (literally killer, we lost two rabbits) over the rabbit tractor, and also allow us to move the tractor out from under the Leland cypress tree that keeps them the coolest, but no grass to eat. 

I also am going to sow broccoli, cabbage, kale and lettuce for the cooler weather in a few months.  I am also going to attempt to take a few softwood cuttings, including the Leland cypress to plant on the southwest side of the house for cooling shade in about 3 or 4 years.  I also would like to try the weigela and forsythia bushes, as well as rosemary.

We bought 50 pounds of potatoes at a large local flea market for $14 and I need to preserve those; canned potatoes and frozen hash browns.  I am going to see what else I can do to store them.  We do eat a lot of potato salad in the summer and a lot of potato soup in the winter.

My hope is to get a lot of food prep done in the mornings and during this two-day cool down so that supper time is easier. 

I have been very lax on my record keeping, both farm and financial.  I am going to get caught up on my home binder and price book. 

To be honest, my zone cleaning trial did not go well because of an illness.  Not be too personal (pssh-yeah, right), but I had two days of extreme fatigue and could just barely do minimal chores and then Thursday I had extreme stomach pain and sweating, most likely a virus, and after that experience and about an hour nap, I woke up feeling better and finally more energetic.  So Monday's list went fine, Tuesday and Wednesday, not so good, Thursday was out of the question and then Friday is mostly free time.  So...you get the idea.  I still think this will work and am going to continue on day by day until it comes naturally.  If not, well, at least I got some good detailed cleaning done :)



No comments:

Post a Comment