Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tuesday To-Do 6/23/15

I spent some time creating my own "Zone" cleaning schedule.  With the daughter home to help a bit, I am hoping to get on a nice routine and eventually knock out these 7 zones in just a few hours time daily.  I have watched and read several different ladies routines and have come up with this trial run.     Everyday has its own AM routine, 7 zones, and PM routine, except for the weekend.  Saturday is Project day, and I have created a project list.  Sunday is food prep day, and it too has a list of suggestions, as well as room to add more for all of the things I have forgotten.  There is also a monthly, quarterly and annually page so all things are checked before they deteriorate beyond repair. 

Admittedly, one day is finished but I really think this is going to be a good fit for me.  I have all the pages in sheet protector and tied with ribbon hanging the wall.  I marked them off with a dry erase marker and will wipe it off next week.  This allows me to see what I didn't get done and need to start with next time.

Of course, there will be exceptions.  For example, today the temperatures are going to be so hot that the animals are going to be checked every hour with fresh water and new ice bottles and the outside chores will either be put off until a cooler week or only spend 10-15 minutes max on them.  Hoe garden, mow yard, weed flower beds...just going to have to wait at this point.  But that's okay, because it will be there next week waiting on me, or I have built in FREE TIME on Friday if something really needs to be addressed, and of course there is always project day to catch up.  So no anxiety about it. That is the best thing!  Don't worry, be happy!

What daily routine works best for you?

I have included an example list of my Tuesday page.

 
 
TUESDAY


AM ROUTINE
Make Bed
Laundry as listed
Animals fed and watered
Garden watered
Plants watered
Declutter ad lib
Vacuum as needed 
ZONES-1 hr. ea. max
1: Wipe walls
1: Clean fridge
1: Clean oven
 
2: Clean tub
2: Wash shower curtain
2: Wash mats
 
3: Wipe walls
3: Vacuum corners
3: Wash blankets, sheets
 
4: Corner cobwebs
4: Clean bookshelves
4: Clean fireplace area
 
5: Clean goat barn
5: Clean goat waterer
5: Clean goat feeders
 
6: Hoe row garden
6: Weed flower beds
6: Mow/weed eat garden
 
7: 1 bag of porch trash
7: Organize bee equip
7: Trim plant overgrowth 
 
PM ROUTINE
Lunches packed
Trash out
Dishes done
Sweep/Swiffer bath and kitchen
Dry sinks
Declutter ad lib
Menu visited
Vacuum as needed
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment