Friday, July 10, 2015

Food Friday 7/10/15

The monthly menu plan...
Yes, from the girl who can barely do a week menu without detour.  I am determined to give this a shot and just see if the budget benefits are worth it.
I spent Thursday creating this menu.  First I had to inventory what I had in the pantry and freezers and fridge. (Yes, time to organize!!)

Then I took that list and figured out some meals to use up what I have and then also add a bit of variety.  After figuring out 30 suppers, I wrote them down on my printed calendars.  From there, I had to see what groceries I would still need and what specials were going on at Sam's and other grocery stores that would work with my menu. After trying to take into account leftovers that we could use, I included lunch items, as well as taking inventory of toiletries and other household items that we need. 



We took that master list and spent all day shopping, which usually I like grocery shopping, but this was interspersed with other errands and made the day very long.  But I have to keep in mind that this will be whittled down to one monthly haul and only one or two more trips to town for fresh produce.
But this is what I came home with from Sam's, Aldi, and Publix.(Sorry about the photo quality).  Sam's had no cheese stocked, it was all in the middle of the aisle awaiting its home, still wrapped up in the palate plastic.  Another trip will have to be made sooner than I had hoped.  But this is a work in progress, like everything else in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment