Monday, July 6, 2015

Tuesday To Do 7/7/15

This week's inside chores:  Follow my zone cleaning schedule.  Can potatoes.  Order (or find) dehydrator lid.  Clean computer desk off.

This week's outside chores: Mow front yard.  Pull up diseased tomatoes (blight?).  Sow more broccoli and cabbage. Softwood cuttings.  Find wood for house number sign and pick out paint samples.  I am thinking straw yellow background with burgundy numbers-my old alma mater colors, and also the color scheme that I am putting in the country kitchen. Yes, I am going back to the 1980s with a country wall border of roosters, hens and sunflowers.  Gather all bee equipment that is in the yard and store in greenhouse for now (except wax frames).

The weather has seemed to normalize back into the upper 80s and low 90s range.  I am hoping this will give me more stamina to get things done.  It is amazing how heat can drain you; even short bursts outside can affect your energy.  Those 2+ weeks of extreme heat then all the scattered rain days has really put me behind on my outside duties.  I have sections of the yard mowed, but really need to finish it.  The bees (all bees, including wasps and other stinging insects) have just been crazy the last two weeks.  They are on every water container and spigot on the property.  Apparently they are not impressed with the quality of our pond just feet away from the hives.  The ducks didn't seem to care for it either.  Speaking of which, we did finally name our drakes.  Since we named our girl duck Daisy, we went with the Dukes of Hazzard theme.  We have Bo, Luke and Cooter.  This was decided before the whole Confederate Flag/TV land fiasco.  I guess I know where we stand. 

Well, I better get to that list!

No comments:

Post a Comment