Wednesday, July 15, 2015

TItus 2 Woman (part 3)

I lost the original blog post, and it was a good one.  Errr-this is what I remember I said.


Titus 2 King James Version (KJV)
2 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

We left off with loving our husbands.  So, by example, we need to show our daughters, our daughter's friends and newly wedded wives in the booth behind us at Red Robin how to love our husbands.  They can hear what we say to them and about them.  I admit that I have too often "vented" to friends or family or even past co-workers about things that my husband said or did that either upset me, angered me or were just plain unflattering to him although I thought was humorous at the time.  How is my venting affecting me?  Do I feel more loving toward him?  No, I don't.  The only one who should hear my silent "venting" is the Lord, when I ask him to help me with hubby.  He can then reveal to me the truth about what the problem is, who the problem is and show me how to fix it...if I need to.  Let's face it, isn't usually the one who is bothered who has the issue?  How else can I show hubby and the world that I love him (even when I am not feeling it)?  I personally need to pay closer attention to the little things that  make him feel special.  Around here, we put our food on our plate and then go sit down.  Maybe I could take his plate to him without his asking.  Maybe I could ask him what he needs from me.  I think I will be working on this one.  When asked about the family, has anyone answered they have a 5 year old, a 3 year old and a 37 year old, referring to the fact that one feels the need to train their husband in the way which he should go?  Guilty.  It seems humorous, but really, am I building him up doing that?

Teach the younger women to love their children.  I feel that I am a bit "old-fashioned" in this regard.  My son pays his share of the rent, the electric, his medical insurance and everything to do with the maintenance of his car.  My daughter who just graduated from high school pays for her share of the electric with all of the devices she charges up and of course her phone.  She doesn't have a car right now, but when she does, the same applies for her. This may seem unfair in their eyes when their friends have cars more expensive than I will ever drive that their parents just gave to them.  And they get money without having to do chores, whereas my kids do chores without getting paid.  My goal is to raise God-fearing, responsible, independent children who can take care of themselves in good times and in bad times and still reflect God's love to the world.  I won't really know how I did until it's too late to change anything.  Fingers crossed.  I am finding that for the past couple of decades it seems that some parents are using their children, using them as pawns.  If they don't have money, they use them to get money.  If they have money, they use them to prove their important status to others.  I hope this growing trend changes.  It is very sad, but a reflection of our current world.  Maybe if we start teaching the younger women today, things can change, or better yet, change ourselves...


No comments:

Post a Comment