Thursday, July 2, 2015

Friday Food 7/3/15

Sit down. Are you sitting?  It's true, I actually got some pictures this past week of a few meals.  Crazy, right?  But they are a jumbled mess.  One step at a time-ha!

This weeks menu  of healthy AND not-so healthy included:

Dinner:

Alfredo Mac, broccoli, homemade bread
Beans and franks, cooked carrots, cottage cheese, broc salad
Kielbasa, potatoes, carrots (crockpot), biscuits
BBQ pork, potato salad, coleslaw, lemonade
Rotel beans and rice, salad
Finger tray (bologna, crackers, cheese, grapes, bananas, apples)
Tuna casserole, salad
Lunches:  
Leftover BBQ sandwiches, coleslaw
Bologna sandwiches, chips, grapes
PB&J sandwiches, apples
Pimento cheese sandwiches, bananas, cookies
Leftover tuna casserole, salad
Salmon patties, mac/cheese, peas
Bologna sandwiches, chips, bananas
Dessert:
Pineapple upside down cake
No bake cookies
Snacks:
Popcorn
Cheez-Its

My grocery list I approximated at $215.00, which is a month's worth, but I actually spent just over $140.  I went to Aldi, Publix, Sam's, BI-LO and Ingles.  I used a few coupons and also decided to make a few things from scratch and buy smaller quantities than originally figured.  I was pleased with my grocery haul.   

cheese snack cracker dough

Baked cheese crackers

I have 4 smoothie bags in the freezer, ready for a quick breakfast or even lunch.  I bagged up cheese crackers, carrots, celery, peppers, grapes and put those in the snack box in the fridge. 

I need to boil some eggs for the potato salad, as well as quick breakfasts when I run behind on the morning chores and still feel hungry. 

No bake cookies
salmon patties, shells and cheese
peas and garden tomato
I mentioned in my to do list that I had purchased 50# of potatoes and will be finding ways to store and preserve them.  I want to get that done this week.  I also mentioned that I am back to working on my price book and figuring out the best deals for my family. 

My goal for next week is eating out of pantry, fridge and freezer.  I want to purchase as little as possible because of the astronomical amount I spent this week-nothing is the goal, but I am becoming more of a realist as I get older, even as a Pisces...



 





No comments:

Post a Comment